Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Easter Basket Shadow Box Card

Hello everyone!  It's Kim from Katydid Cards, happy to be here with you today.

I have a real fondness for cards which are mostly white with a pop of color!  That's what I made for you today using the Colored Egg Brads.


When there's very little color other than the focal pieces, it really lets them do all the talking.  The colors on these brads are so vibrant, they're actually singing!  I think it's, "Here Comes Peter Cottontail".



The card base was made with my Silhouette Cameo.  It's layered for a shadow box effect, attached with mounting tape.  Let me show you what that looks like from the side.



The layers really allow for the basket to stand out.  I cut the basket base from some bits of scrap card stock  and embossed it with one of my favorite embossing folders, Square Lattice.  I cut a bow to match one of the eggs.  When I placed my basket on top of the eggs (with dimensionals), there was a bit of a gap between the top of the basket and the bottom of the eggs.  I remedied that by creating  "grass" using some scrap to match another egg and cutting it with fringe scissors and crimping it.  Here's a closer look at the basket:

  
Don't those eggs catch the light beautifully?  As you can see, I placed a piece of patterned paper scrap behind the first layer to match another of the eggs.  I cut the little bunny from some Fuzzy Paper.  Just that bit of texture plus the top frame, also embossed with the Square Lattice embossing folder, are all that's needed to showcase that basket off beautifully.

I didn't think of doing it, but I bet you could further decorate the eggs with alcohol markers.  I'm going to have to try that!

I kept the inside of the card simple; using the embossed top frame again with a smaller rectangle inside with a cut file, turned into print only.

 

I sure hope you're enjoying my Eyelet Outlet design team posts as much as I am enjoying bringing them to you.  See you soon with another fun project.  In the meantime, don't forget to check out the Deal of the Day (and all the other goodies, too).


Who provided the inspiration for these cards?  Katy Did!

3 comments:

  1. Kim this is gorgeous!!!! And you are so right about how the white helps the colors pop! Those eggs really stand out, just beautifully 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Patricia. Can't wait to try it again with different brads!

      Delete
  2. that is amazingly lovely, kim! i have BIGTIME envy of your incredibly CAS skills!!!

    ReplyDelete